Moore Hose Circa 1901
Kingston Fire Department was formed in 1757 when the village of Kingston ordered the first piece of firefighting equipment from England .In October 1777 it was burned by British troops when the burned the village. The village reorganized the fire department in 1800 with 7 companies throughout the village. In 1872 the villages of Kingston and Rondout merged to form the City of Kingston and the fire department was set as the Eastern and Western Departments until 1890 when it became the City Of Kingston Fire Department. . In 1908 it became a paid and volunteer department with # paid fire houses and 11 volunteer companies. Today Kingston has 3 paid fire houses and 1 volunteer company.
Union Hose circa !934 with their new Sanford fire engine